Wednesday, August 6, 2008


Mike-Mike Aluong wrote at 2:34pm
Diktor John Garang Said: "I was not satisfied with the objectives and the aims of the Anya Nya as a Movement. This was because the Anya Nya Movement at that time stood basically for the secession of the Southern Sudan to form a separate sovereign state. Before I joined the Anya Nya Movement, I went to the Camp of General Joseph Lagu, the Commander of the Anya Nya to brief me about the objectives of his Movement. From his briefings it was clear that his Movement was a separatist Movement. I told him point blank that I was opposed to secession movements." John Garang said this quotation when he visited Anya Nya I Chairman in Nov. 1987. "Garang is very unionist. He's more unionist than most Southerners," Said Lazarus Sumbeiywo' IGAD Chief mediator. The late Chairman of the SPLM and Commander-in-Chief of the Sudan People's Liberation Army was known by setting his own political ideologies and previaling in long-term period of the post-conflict between South and North War."

No comments: